Thursday, October 29, 2009

Motown and Mom



Cruising the internet tonight and listening to my Motown Pandora station on the computer. I can't listen to the music without thinking of my Mom. Music has always been a big part of our family's lives. I really believe that the love of music that my sisters and I share come from our parents. Of course, if there was jamming going on, Dad wasn't home yet! (lol) I have so many fond memories of my childhood surrounding that old stereo that my Mom got for her high school graduation. She kept all of her old 45's and introduced us to the music that we sure didn't hear in Dad's company! I can remember, even when money was tight, somehow Mom managed to slip a new 45 in for us to listen to once in a while.

It's so comforting now to listen to this music. It helps so much when I'm missing her, which seems to be more often than not. We're coming up on the 3rd anniversary of her death this weekend. I'm trying pretty hard not to dwell on it, but to instead remember the good times, the music and the most awesome Mom in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment