Friday, January 29, 2010

I Adore Aprons






It's true. A little known bit of trivia about me. I adore aprons. Not just any aprons, but vintage, soft, gently worn and reminiscent of my Grandma Stanton and my Great Grandma Cordie. I think it's because they take me back to a time when life was simpler and you were pretty sure that the world must revolve around you.





I have an apron that belonged to Grandma Cordie. It's nothing fancy, just an every day half-apron with red and blue diamond shapes on it, but I love it. I would loved to have been given one of Grandma Stanton's aprons, there are surely one or two out there somewhere. So many memories...



On my list of must-do projects, a couple of aprons are at the top of the list. My family might chuckle. I don't make it to the kitchen every day, but maybe if I had an apron I loved....I just might!!!!



(I'm pretty sure I won't need the boots!) ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love em too. I still have the ones my Grandma made for me when I was a little girl..priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Girl - YOU NEED THE BOOTS! How stinkin' cute is this? I wish I had the waistline to wear an apron that ties around the waist. Maybe at 52 I should just GET OVER IT and wear one anyway! I always wear the ones that cover my entire front . . . does that mean I'm a really good cook or what?
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete