Monday, April 18, 2011

Shooting For Etsy Success

I keep getting sidetracked from the progress I need to make in order to open my etsy shop. I have some handmade items, some vintage linens and enough supplies to keep adding to it. So the question I pose to you, my experienced etsy-selling friends, is how many items should I post/have on hand to open my shop? I'm not exactly sure what my niche is yet, but I plan on offering a variety to see where it all goes. I'd love to be able to sell a number of different things because I'm sure I'd get bored if I made the same type of item over and over. I'll take any and all advice that you have to offer! Thanks!

Linked to:




5 comments:

  1. I am not an expert but I have read you should start with 12-15 items min. to give your shoppers something to pick from...and to test the waters to see what there might be interest in...I am in the same boat as you...I keep getting sidetracked with blog building! Good luck! Get some things listed - the sooner the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Devonay,
    Oh--this is exciting!! But, I also am like Cynthia in that it appears that "blog building" is a key factor. It's rare that strangers come to the shop...I guess it's because Etsy is so big that people don't know a shop is there unless it's driven by blog traffic....I hope you have an amazing day!!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Devonay--
    Thanks so much for coming to have tea!! I hope you're having a wonderful evening!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from twitter thursday but cant find you on twitter? Anyway, how exciting to do an Etsy shop! I'm just getting started, so I dont have tips, just an encouragement to jump in and get yourself out there!! Looking forward to reading your blog, new follower :-)

    Jessica
    www.dinnerwiththeshivers.com

    ReplyDelete