Monday, March 14, 2011

And We Interrupt This Woman's Crafting ...




I've been missing my Daddy. I couldn't visit him last week with pink eye. Not only because of how contagious it is, but mainly because of all of the immune system meds he has to take for his transplanted kidney. Long story, may share it sometime. It's kind of sad. Anyway, I get this picture text from my sister this morning...



What in the world??? When I called her, she said he'd been bitten by a spider... ewwwwww!!!
She took him to an immediate care and he was given antibiotics and instructed to go home, keep his arm elevated and put warm compresses on it. It looks much better tonight. I stopped in to see him and spend some time with The Best Dad EVER!

To know him is to love him! When the doctor asked him what he had planned to do, he said "I'm going to run my dozer." (he has a small paving business) Here's where you picture the doctor giving him the raised eyebrow and saying "Ummmm... NO you're NOT." I love it. He's always been very much the HE-man, but he generally bows to what his doctor tells him and even most of the time to the wishes of his three girls. I think he loves the attention, even when he acts like he doesn't.


A pic of us from a few years ago:



4 comments:

  1. Awww! I hope he gets over that nasty bite soon! I also hope you can see your Dad! He is a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Devonay, I sure hope he is alright! He has a true "Indiana" spirit--these men just keep on going no matter what!!! (My husband is from there and nothing stops him either!)

    I hope your dad is alright...And wow, I can write to you on here now--yay!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I love that pic of Lumpkin and your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I stopped in to see him last night and he's doing fine. His arm continues to turn funny shades with the bruising, but he admitted he was moving large salt bags... sigh...

    ReplyDelete