Saturday, March 19, 2011

Easy Quiche




So technically, it's not a real quiche, but let's not split hairs. This is good stuff!!! My daughter loves it, my roommate loves it, and I'm a hero when I make it!



I got the recipe from allrecipes in 2005. I thought I'd lost it forever, but found it when we moved in with Hasseman (that's hat man in German - story for another day), our roommate, and was excited to make it for him. I usually make it with ham. That's how Lumpkin and I prefer it, but he mentioned he'd like to try it with sausage, and since Lumpkin is at her Dad's this weekend, we had it with sausage.


Yummy!!!!


Here's the recipe: Easy Quiche

2 cups milk

3/4 cup biscuit baking mix

2 eggs

1/2 cup butter softened

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained

1 cup cubed cooked ham (or cooked sausage)

8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10 inch quiche dish.

In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, baking mix, butter and parmesan cheese. Batter will be lumpy. Stir ion broccoli, ham and cheddar cheese. Pour into prepared quiche dish.

Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, until eggs are set and top is golden brown.

Now, I may have mentioned before, that I rarely follow a recipe exactly... even when I use one. I do not use a quiche dish for this because I add extra ingredients to the above and sometimes throw in some that aren't on the list. Since Lumpkin wasn't here, I added onions this time.

You should also season to taste. I use salt and pepper, a dash of seasoned salt, and garlic. You can use whatever you like! I also add more eggs... I used 4 or 5 for this one.

Linked up here:

UndertheTableandDreaming


Relax & Surf Sunday






16 comments:

  1. You have no idea how happy I am that you posted this recipe. See my mom got it off a box of bisquick many, many, many years ago. When we got married (20 years ago) she made me recipe books filled with ALL her recipes. Well somewhere along the way I took it out and forgot to put it back in the book. And mom quit making it because it was just her at home so she got rid of the recipe. Long story short... I love this dish and have wanted to make it again. So thank you! I used to use a bit of freshly ground nutmeg as well as salt and pepper. It made it taste very french! Once again thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this looks totally delicious, Devonay!!! Amazing! I never thought of making quiche like that--brilliant. It looks so good.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm so glad that I was able to help you out Peggy! We love it too! Thanks Cindy! You'll have to try it sometime. I absolutely love one dish meals. Especially when they taste this good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am a new follower of your blog thru GFC on the Sunday Blog Hop! I thought this was a funny antedote because I live in Lumpkin County in Georgia! I am new with about 3 months under my belt so I am still learning. I would love a follow back when you get a chance. Thanks!

    Mary@http://mmbearcupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following you through the hop. Please follow back at http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
    www.reneeahand.com
    Thanks!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am new to blogging and hopping. I hopped in here from Norway and I look forward to following you. As usual I find recipes that look so good with ingrediants I can not get over here :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy looking quiche!!
    Hi there
    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your flower headband on my round tuit post this week!
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2011/03/round-tuit-41.html
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  8. devonay, i just found your blog today through SITS- i love it! and your daughter is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    have a great day


    come and visit me at thestyleprojects.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry! I added eggs to the recipe! I used 4 or 5 even though it calls for less.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this sounds perfect for a brunch! thanks for the recipe... wishing i had some RIGHT NOW to try :) lol thanks for linking w/ us!

    ps: love the cute header!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a new follower! :)

    I would like to invite you to join in on a WEEKLY RECIPE LINK PARTY on my blog!

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/
    "Made it on Monday" is open for link up Wed.-Sat.

    I hope you will come join the fun! There will be prizes often :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe not exactly Quiche, but sounds daggone good to me. Thanks for sharing.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy moly, this sounds delish! Im your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete