Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Bonfire Makes Everything Better!

Yesterday afternoon, Hasseman picked up downed branches from the yard and cut up the larger pieces. When he announced he'd be starting a fire, I said "you should wait until dark!" I do so love a bonfire... many fond memories from high school and fall parties. I was so excited, I took a picture with my phone (thus the poor quality - it fails to capture the magic). Lumpkin was spending the weekend with her Dad and I wanted to share the festivities. I liked it so much, I want to share it with you. We pulled out a couple of lawn chairs and shared a drink. It was a perfect evening.



P.S. Not our house in the background!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Devonay--this is so magical! I didn't realize also that the moon was close last night--I wish I had gone outside...It looks like you had such a great time--how awesome!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one big fire! so glad you were able to relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous night! Drinks by the fire...NICE!!! =) Lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been awarded the stylish blogger award. Let me know if you accept by commenting on my blog.:)
    http://articlesautismdisabilityinformation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bonfires and look forward to them...when the snow is gone and the ground not mud.... they then can begin!

    ReplyDelete